At Central Bank we are pleased to offer our Checking account customers a special overdraft privilege called ‘Bounce Protection’. It’s there…. just in case you need it.
As always, we encourage our customers to manage their finances responsibly. However, as long as a customer maintains their checking account in good standing¹, Bounce Protection overdraft privilege may:
- Provide our customers with a safety net of $400 up to $800 depending on whether one has a checking account <$400>, a Now account <$800>, a Money Market Account <$800>, or a Business Checking <$800>, including Overdraft Item fee of $28 (per item) that may protect you if you overdraw your account. If the item is returned, our standard return fee of $28 will apply.
- Save our customers the unnecessary embarrassment (and additional charges) associated with having a check returned to a merchant. The overdraft item fee and amount of overdraft item will be subtracted from your overdraft limit.
Bounce Protection overdraft privilege is a non-contractual courtesy for our customers and doesn’t require any action on their part. As a Central Bank personal checking account customer, one doesn’t have to sign anything and there are no fees other than the normal returned item fee for each item overdrawn. As in the past, we will continue to notify our customers when an overdraft occurs. Central Bank customers should not consider and use the Bounce Protection as a line of credit or as a regular source of funds. It is an account service for which our customers are charged our Overdraft Item Fees.
Central Bank’s Bounce Protection overdraft privilege limits are available to our personal checking customers by them writing a check or making debit card or ATM transactions. This service is not a line of credit. The customers’ limits may be reflected in their balance at the ATM or through our 24 Hour Touch-Tone Teller. It may be reflected in the customers’ available balance through NetTeller Online Banking as well.
The bank may pay an Overdraft on
- the payment of checks, electronic funds transfers or other withdrawal requests;
- payments authorized by you;
- the return of unpaid items deposited by you;
- the imposition of bank service charges; or
- the deposit of items which, according to the bank’s Funds Availability Policy, are treated as not yet available or finally paid.
You should make every attempt to bring your account to a positive end of day balance as soon as possible and must do so within 30 calendar days. We may refuse to pay an overdraft item at any time even though we may have previously paid overdrafts for you. For example, we typically do not pay overdraft items if your account is not in “good standing¹”
Contact a Central Bank Customer Service Representative at 731-925-9046 or visit us in person for additional information concerning Central Bank’s Overdraft Policy and Procedures.
"Bounce Protection… just think of it as a safety net for your checking account. It’s nice to know you have it……just in case you need it!"
- Learn more about Bounce Protection
- Read our Overdraft Protection Disclosure Statement
- Sign Up for Overdraft Protection for ATM and one time Debit Card transactions
*¹Good Standing means – 1.) you make sufficient deposits to bring your account to a positive end-of-day balance at least once every 30 calendar days (including the payment of all bank fees and charges); 2.) you avoid excessive overdrafts suggesting the use of Bounce Protection as a continuing line of credit; and 3.) there are no legal orders, levies or liens against your account.
As an alternative to our Bounce Protection program we offer other options to cover overdrafts:
Link to deposit account (restrictions may apply)
$0 transfer fee
Paid OD item fee of $28 for each item
Line of Credit (requires a credit report)
Loan costs plus interest
< back to top >
Touch Tone Teller - (731) 925-1404
At Central Bank we know it’s not always convenient for you to get to the bank or call us during banking hours …. “Touch-Tone” lets you access your accounts from your home, office or anywhere there is a Touch-Tone telephone (even with your cell phone).
By calling (731) 925-1404, you can check your account balance, see if checks have cleared, received information regarding deposits or withdrawals, make loan payments and much more! You can even transfer funds between accounts and get the same-day credit until 4 PM daily, excluding holidays and weekends.
"TOUCH –TONE Teller” is a complimentary telephone service of Central Bank that provides you 24 hour access to your account. "TOUCH - TONE Teller” is Free to our customers.
"TOUCH-TONE Teller” gives you immediate access to:
- Checking or Money Market account balances, previous transactions, deposit information, specific check information, interest earned and ATM and automated transactions.
- Savings account balances, previous account transactions, deposit information and interest earned.
- Loans with payoff information, account balance, last payment amount and interest paid.
- Certificates of Deposit with account balance, maturity date, last and next interest payment date and interest earned.
- Transfer Funds between checking, savings and even make loan payments.
TO USE “TOUCH-TONE Teller”:
- Make sure you have your account number (s) handy and have your Personal Identification Number (PIN) available. (The first time you call, your PIN will be your social security number. You will then be instructed to change your PIN to a 4 digit number that only you know).
- Call (731) 925-1404 from any touch-tone phone including cell phones.
- Wait for the greeting, then follow the simple instructions given to you over the phone. You will be offered a series of main menu selections from which to choose. To access these selections, press the corresponding number (s) on your telephone.
For your protection do not write your PIN number on your ID card. Keep your card in a convenient place for quick reference.
For further information you may want to talk with us in person or you may contact a Customer Service Representative at (731) 925-9046.
< back to top >
|*Lock Boxes||3x5||20.00 annually|
|*Lock Box Contents are not FDIC Insured|
|International Wire Transfers||$60.00|
|Cashiers Checks||customer||no charge|
|Cash Advances (Credit Card)||customer||no charge|
|Fax Service||$5 first page||$1 dollar each additional page|
< back to top >